Introduction to WHS in Aviation (ISO 45001:2018)
Standard: ISO 45001:2018
Qualification: BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
Duration: Approx. 24 hours (equivalent to 24 CPD hours or 3 days full-time study)
Prerequisites: Yes – See below
Course Investment: $295AUD
Course Overview: The purpose of this online course is to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the ISo 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard. The course will also help participants to understand OHS aspects unique to aviation and how to integrate their OHS management activities within the Integrated Management System model recommended by ICAO.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course is designed for
- People who are required to audit ISO 45001:2018 management systems
- People who are required to undertake internal and external audits of OH&S management systems
- Managers who receive OH&S audit reports
- People wishing to attain a practical understanding of OH&S standard requirements
- People who develop and implement OH&S management systems
ISO 45001 was released in March 2018. Exemplar Global considers ISO 45001 as a new, separate international standard. Therefore, it is a stand-alone qualification that does not replace, supersede or annul the existing qualification offered against AS/NZS 4801 and/or OHSAS 18001. The older unit which is written to 18001/4801 will remain active until each standard is superseded. Determining when and how to change to ISO 45001 or remain with the existing standards is at the discretion of each organisation. Consequently, auditors must decide which qualification will align successfully with their customer’s standards and requirements. This decision will determine whether auditors require audit qualifications against both AS/NZS 4801 and ISO 45001.
Course fees include
- Course access 24/7
- Trainer support as required
- Statement of Attainment upon successful completion
Payment options we offer include
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order
- Cheque (company only)
RPL per unit is $200/unit.
|*Qualification||1. BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area|
Approx. 24 hours (equivalent to 24 CPD hours or 3 days full-time study)
|Assessment||Online – Students will access their course online, and complete assessment at their own pace.
RPL – Students will complete the RPL kit and supply all required evidence
|Start dates||Online – start now!
RPL – start now by downloading the RPL kit here!
An online course is a popular option as it can be completed at a time that suits the student’s study schedule. Students can also re-attend modules as many times as is required for them to fully understand the unit content. Modules can be attended from anywhere provided you have a computer and reasonable Internet connection.
RPL is an assessment only process that is designed for those who possess substantial existing skills and knowledge in a specific area. It allows people to demonstrate their competence in these skills without having to undergo formal training for this recognition. Our RPL kit is an easy to follow document that outlines the required evidence needed for submission in order to demonstrate the required competence.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course. However, to ensure a greater understanding of the audit process and the content covered within this course, we recommend you attend our Safety and Lead Auditor Course, before commencing this course.
If the participant wishes to become a certified auditor under this Exemplar Global auditor scheme, they must have also successfully completed the Safety and Lead Auditor course (Exemplar Global – QM, TL, AU) at a minimum to apply for Exemplar Global recognition and certification.
All students will require access to a computer (with Adobe Reader and Microsoft Word installed) and a reliable Internet connection. You must be comfortable using technology to locate information and research topics – for example, to find a copy of a regulation using Google – and in using the main features and functions of digital tools (such as word processing programs, email and printers) to complete work tasks.
All students must possess the following language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) abilities:
- Learning ability: You must be comfortable using your experience to reflect on ways that variables impact outcomes, and identify future improvements. You must be self-directing, able to manage your own learning and be able to plan and balance multiple requirements and meet deadlines.
- English reading ability: You must be comfortable reading and interpreting a range of documentation relevant to the subject – this includes organisational policies and procedures and assessment instructions.
- English writing ability: You will be required to draft and develop various documents using appropriate format and language for the context and the audience. You must be comfortable writing documents such as formal documents, including instructions, information updates and completing report templates.
- English speaking ability: You will be required to participate in verbal exchanges using clear language and appropriate tone and syntax to provide relevant information. You must be able to use active listening and questioning to elicit views and opinions of others.
NEXT STEP COURSES
WHY SOUTHPAC AEROSPACE
We Are A Nationally Recognised Training Organisation
Southpac Aerospace – ID32353 is approved to meet standards set for RTO training. Our organisations is consistently upgrading and improving our course material through participant feedback and authority auditing processes. This framework ensures you are receiving the highest level of training within the industry.
We provide you with
- Highly trained and engaged facilitators to make the most of your study,
- Training aligned with industry standards, workplace requirements and skill sets,
- Resources and materials that may include workbooks, guides and/or slides.
- Ongoing support for developing your career pathways!